The Oregonian is seeking high school applicants (including graduating seniors but not open to incoming freshman) for its free journalism summer camp at Oregon State University from July 30 – Aug. 6, 2022.
Students must meet at least ONE of the following qualifications to be considered:
- Be from a low-income household (as determined by student’s eligibility for free or reduced-price meals)
- Be from a household with an educational attainment level of a high school diploma or less
- Have a documented disability or was eligible for special education services sometime during K-12
- Attend a high school without a newspaper or journalism program
- Have a linguistic or cultural background different from those that predominate in SW Washington/Oregon’s secondary school system
Apply now at https://oregonhsji.org/ Don’t delay! You will need a letter of recommendation from a teacher. See your Career Specialist if you need assistance applying.
If you have questions, please email Elliot Njus at email@example.com or call 503-294-5034.
Deadline to apply: May 20, 2022
This program is not sponsored by Vancouver Public Schools. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
For more information on college enrollment, military opportunities, scholarships, and employment, check out FutureMe.vansd.org and students should login to Xello. Xello is Vancouver Public Schools’ College & Career Readiness platform and students can login directly through ClassLink.