Each year the Washington State Governor’s Industrial Safety & Health Advisory Board provides a $1,250 scholarship to assist eligible worthy students in furthering their education focused on construction safety and/or occupational safety and health.
The scholarship is open to high school seniors in good standing and planning to enroll in a trade school/apprenticeship, community college, or university!
To submit the application you will need to prepare the following information for submittal:
- High School or GED information and higher education plans
- Summary of extracurricular actives
- Awards and honors received
- Offices held
- Employment history
- A 300-500 word essay on how you plan to further your occupational safety and health education and your future in the safety and health field
- Names and emails for references from a teacher/professor/employer, a guidance counselor or college advisor, and another person in your community (He/she will be asked to submit a letter of reference by the committee, you do not need to acquire this to apply)
- If under 18, you will also need to provide a parent’s name and email for parental consent to submit your application and release of information
Deadline: March 5, 2021 (by 3PM)
Login to https://login.xello.world for more scholarship and work-based learning opportunities! FutureMe is updated frequently.