What is a Pre-Apprenticeship?
Pre-apprenticeships are programs designed to prepare individuals to enter and succeed in a Registered Apprenticeship program. Although a pre-apprenticeship can be helpful, it’s not required (and often not necessary) to become a registered apprentice. Pre-apprenticeships may be a good fit for individuals who:
- Have little or no experience in the construction trade
- Experience barriers to employment
- Need to improve their math skills
- Need assistance obtaining supplies or equipment
- Need help meeting minimum qualifications for a registered apprenticeship
Check out Oregon’s pre-apprenticeship programs to find a program near you. Click here for a list of starting wages and contact information to local unions.