Love sports? Love video? Here’s the perfect internship for you!…What, not sure you want an internship? Contact Nick.Voll@vansd.org to volunteer for a session to see if you’re interested. Check out this quick video to see what you would be doing.
Selected interns will work with TV Studio staff to actively participate in filming, editing and broadcasting VPS sporting events and other TV shoots. Interns will not work longer than 20 hours per week. The students will assist in the production of live sports broadcasts and pre-produced video projects for television and the web. The student must be willing to try various positions within a broadcast environment, including camera; editing; live graphics and video playback; and more. Interested students may also seek on-camera experience, if desired.
- Trained to operate video/television equipment
- Expected to work on weeknights, depending on the broadcast schedule
- Shoot and edit video as necessary for broadcasts
- Help set up and break down mobile broadcast unit equipment before and after broadcast, as their school schedule allows
Earn your required CTE high school credit (.5 of 1 credit) and earn credit at Clark College (for FREE if you earn a “B” or better) for this 90-hour experience. Students may earn up to $100 in gift cards (through a grant provided by US Bank) for completing this experience and save $359 in tuition at Clark College! That’s right, you may earn 3 credits and pay NO tuition OR registration!
Interested? Email Nick.Voll@vansd.org and let him know! Yes, it’s that easy to get started.
Student must have transportation to get to different school sites for games.
VPS students should check Xello for information on careers, college enrollment, military opportunities, and scholarships. Login through ClassLink or go directly to https://xello.world/en/
- Username is “VPS-123456“ which will be the letters “VPS” dash “VPS-“ 6-digit student ID (numbers in your VPS student email address).
- Password is your 8-digit birthdate (MO-DA-YEAR). So if your birthday is July 9, 2005, your password would be: 07092005
It is recommended that you change your password after your first sign on! Parents can also be added to a student’s Xello account. Keep checking futureme.vansd.org for different student opportunities.