Vancouver Parks and Recreation is looking for enthusiastic candidates that are skilled in working with all ages and abilities in recreation activities for this summer. You will represent the City in a capacity of assisting and/or teaching others in leisure activities such as sports, exercise, camps and programs. Experience in these fields as well as exceptional customer service and problem solving is desired. Job locations can include Firstenburg Community Center, Marshall Community Center, outdoor local parks and schools.
Recreation Staff $13.69-$15.11 (must be 16+ years old)
- Communicate and work well with customers of all ages and abilities, and City employee team.
- Implement and lead a variety of activities
- Assist in providing a safe program and environment for participants and staff
- Understand and implement City of Vancouver Parks and Recreation Department operating principles, policies, and procedures
- Perform other duties as required through assigned program
Recreation Leader (additional duties) $14.74-$19.34 (must be 18+ years old)
- Responsible for managing the day to day operation of the program activities, schedule, and supplies
- Supervising recreation staff and inclusion support staff
- Communicating with parent/guardian
- Assisting program coordinator with creating and implementing support and behavior plans for participants
- Daily communication to program coordinator
If you need assistance with the application, please see your Career Specialist! They have over 50 openings and are looking for you!