What do you need to know before deciding to take a gap year after high school graduation?  “A gap year” is the term used for when you take a year off between high school and college or trade school enrollment.

The Washington Student Achievement Council has created a list of considerations which includes training with AmeriCorps, taking a “visiting year” where you attend a community college and defer your 4-year residential school enrollment or explore internship and job options.

You can always reach out to your Career Specialist or high school counselor for more information.